If you have purchased a Microsoft surface pro through Businessway we will assist you in getting a replacement power cable. Even if you have not and require assistance let us know.
To keep up to date with various I.T news and info from myself and the team here please sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of our Web site
See the articles below for more info
Microsoft has initiated a recall for AC power cordsets (the cord that plugs into an electrical outlet) sold with the Microsoft Surface Pro and Microsoft Surface Pro 2, and with any Microsoft Surface Pro 3 purchased prior to 15 July 2015 (“pre-15 July 2015 Surface Pro 3”). This is being done in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies.
If these AC cordsets are sharply and repeatedly bent or wrapped tightly over an extended period of time, they may become damaged. Damaged AC power cordsets can overheat, posing a potential fire or shock hazard.
- Immediately stop using your AC power cordset if you have a Surface Pro or Surface Pro 2, or a pre-15 July 2015, Surface Pro 3. Replacement AC power cordsets will be provided at no cost through the programme website.
- Please go to the Microsoft website at www.surface.com/powercord to obtain your free replacement AC power cordset. You must dispose of or recycle your replaced AC cordset in accordance with local requirements.
- Review the cord care instructions on the Surface support page at
- For more information see http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1081854
- Microsoft Surface devices and other accessories are not affected. Only the specified AC power cordsets are subject to this recall.
- AC power cordsets connect the power supply unit to a wall outlet and are removable from the power supply unit. Please see the pictures below.
If your Surface Pro and the corresponding serial number are not listed, you will be able to register your device and place an order for the replacement AC power cordset.
Microsoft appreciates your continued support and is committed to providing the best possible experience with your Surface.
Microsoft and the Surface Support Team